I’m in need of a new underskirt or petticoat for my 16th century clothing. I’ve been using the same cotton broadcloth one I made back in 2005, for years now. It is serviceable, but it adds a lot of bulk at the waist and it isn’t very authentic in construction or materials. So it is… Read More Juan de Alcega Tailor’s Pattern Book: Manteo or a skirt of cloth
I’ve made three English Fitted Gowns based on the Tudor Tailor’s pattern so far, and with each one I’ve tweaked how I’ve put them together. Issue one: Sleeve Dimples
Hand sewing my way through another petticoat/kirtle project, this time in a scarlet colored light weight wool.
Starting off the New Year with finishing a big project! More photos can be found on the Nonesuch costume page.
Lots of hand sewing this week, I’ve gotten very good at pad-stitching. So far I’ve done the layered interlining of a jerkin and I’m almost done pad-stitching the same for the Saxon Gown bodice.
I have always liked Saxon Gowns, they have a different look from the French and English gowns of the early 16th century, they have interesting construction puzzles, and an excuse to use several yards of velvet and fancy fabric is always a good thing. After going back and forth with a friend on just how… Read More 16th Century Chocolate Saxon Gown Project: The Bodice
I managed to sneak in a little bit of hand sewing this past week.
I had two or three days with my internet not working or being on again, off again. So I started another hand sewn ruff (I may have a problem). I just finished putting the neckband on and this time I made sure to sew down every tiny pleat that I could on both sides. I… Read More Working on another Ruff!
If the embed doesn’t work, http://youtu.be/JdCsH4QUJBY