Another project off my list. I worked on this off and on for several months. A majority of the construction was done over the course of a week. The actual finishing like the eyelets and binding and the busk took far longer then sewing the boning channels. Two layers of cotton duck with the outer… Read More A Pair of Bodies: Finished
See, I told you I have been working on them. Photographic evidence. Which hopefully will never end up being used in any court of law. That would be really weird if it was. Seriously.
I’ve been working on the corset I promise. Scout’s Honor. It is taking me longer then usual because, in a fit of “well it isn’t that much work” I decided to sew the corset, boning channels and eyelets and so forth all by hand with silk thread. This is not so much an exercise in… Read More A Pair of Bodies: Construction Part 2 – Sewing the Boning Channels.
After laying out the fabric I traced my pattern on to the drill and sateen then cut it out. I left all the seam allowances in place (Which I will cut down later then I bind it.) save for the back, which I extended by an inch as I plan to fold that over as… Read More Pair of Bodies: Construction Part 1
After looking through my closet, under the bed and other places that my costume end up hiding I realized I never got around to making a late Elizabethan corset or pair of bodies. A tragedy that must be remedied. The Tudor Tailor book has three or four patterns for late Elizabethan corsets, but as with… Read More A Pair of Bodies