April and most of May was a very stressful month for me. All my sewing projects went on hold and I tried to take the time to put myself and self-care first when I could. I’m starting to feel like I have more energy now, I’ve gotten some hand sewing done and started a few embroidery… Read More A Green Linen Apron and some 17th Century Goldwork Embroidery Projects
I’ve had the petticoat bodies done for a few weeks now and completely forgot to post the finished photos here. Opps. In my defense I haven’t been able to get photos of me in them yet, part of me wants to go out and rent a chicken (can one rent a sweet-tempered chicken for photos?)… Read More Petticoat Bodies Done!
The holidays are over, I’ve eaten my own weight in cookies and it is time to finish up the petticoat bodies. Last time I posted I finished the bodice and put in the lining. Over the holidays I cut out the skirt, hand sewed it together, and bound the hem. My camera did not like… Read More Finishing up the Petticoat Bodies
I forgot to post these, I’ve slowly been sewing away on petticoat bodies from caramel colored wool. Linen/cotton canvas interlining, linen/cotton lining. Sewn with the broken backstitch, running stitch and whip stitch in linen thread. The project has sat in the time out corner a few times. First, when I trimmed the neckline corner down… Read More Hand Sewn Petticoat Bodies/Bodice Work in Progress
Some work in progress shots of a 16th century black linen doublet. Doublet front basted and shaped. Under side of the doublet front, canvas and pad stitched wool. Under side of the doublet back, more canvas and pad stitched wool.
Starting off the New Year with finishing a big project! More photos can be found on the Nonesuch costume page.
Lots of hand sewing this week, I’ve gotten very good at pad-stitching. So far I’ve done the layered interlining of a jerkin and I’m almost done pad-stitching the same for the Saxon Gown bodice.
I had two or three days with my internet not working or being on again, off again. So I started another hand sewn ruff (I may have a problem). I just finished putting the neckband on and this time I made sure to sew down every tiny pleat that I could on both sides. I… Read More Working on another Ruff!