16th-Century Handsewn Silk Sleeves This week I finished the silk sleeves, yay! The last few steps ended up being very fiddly, as I needed to change the curve of the underarm section of the armscye and take it in by an inch. The last few steps ended up being very fiddly. I needed to change… Read More WiR: Hand Sewn Silk Sleeves Done!
I’ve had the petticoat bodies done for a few weeks now and completely forgot to post the finished photos here. Opps. In my defense I haven’t been able to get photos of me in them yet, part of me wants to go out and rent a chicken (can one rent a sweet-tempered chicken for photos?)… Read More Petticoat Bodies Done!
The holidays are over, I’ve eaten my own weight in cookies and it is time to finish up the petticoat bodies. Last time I posted I finished the bodice and put in the lining. Over the holidays I cut out the skirt, hand sewed it together, and bound the hem. My camera did not like… Read More Finishing up the Petticoat Bodies
I forgot to post these, I’ve slowly been sewing away on petticoat bodies from caramel colored wool. Linen/cotton canvas interlining, linen/cotton lining. Sewn with the broken backstitch, running stitch and whip stitch in linen thread. The project has sat in the time out corner a few times. First, when I trimmed the neckline corner down… Read More Hand Sewn Petticoat Bodies/Bodice Work in Progress